Wednesday, December 22, 2010

38 weeks and counting days!!!

Salam and hi all!


Waaah...tetibe I feel so rajin nk update blog. FYI, I seldom open my own blog and once I open it, I want to take the chance to write anything that comes across my mind at this time. And the reason for me to have this blog pun because I want to keep and share things (esp the important ones) in a more friendly way. I can imagine myself at 40s and recall all the things that had been happening in my life by going thru all posts in this blog. Haha..must be feeling a bit silly and shame then but yet it could be an inspiration of what I have to become then.


Talking about keeping and sharing thing, I suddenly feel the urge to write about myself at the 38weeks of pregnancy and am counting days for the arrival of new bundle of joy :) So far, I haven't feel any signs of labour and everything is just doing great. Alhamdulillah.Baby's moving actively (even now while writing this post :p), I can still cook and do some house chores (not much tho), and most importantly, I still feel relax and that will allow me to get prepared for labour. InsyaAllah.
Alhamdulillah, at this stage, preparation to greet the lil bundle of joy is well prepared, I guess :) But you know la as a woman, we always have something else to buy altho the thing is not in the list at the 1st place :) Oftenly, when I had a discussion with Helmi, he would ask me, 'is everything ok?', 'what else do we need to buy?', 'is everything complete?' and so forth. I would always reply 'yeah, I think everything is ok', 'yup, we have everything complete' and so forth. But later on, I would go like 'ermm, sayang, I think we should have this and this', or ' sayang, I think I want to buy this so that blablabla..' or 'sayang, my friends/people said this thing is great for newborn' and it goes on and on..huhu..and Helmi would look at me like 'duuuhh..what else??'. However, it has been a great experience for us in preparing the arrival of our lil bundle of joy and also in ensuring that my pregnancy is going well. Alhamdulillah, thank to Him for the gift and opportunity He'd given us.

Ermmm..I still remember the 1st time we went shopping for baby's stuff at Babies r us when I was 7months pregnant. We spent about CAD600++(about rm1800++) there and we got only few stuff! Blame it on me because I didnt ask anyone or survey the market before doing the shopping. I only know Babies r us cos it is so familiar with babies' stuff and all. After being disappointed with the little things we got at Babies r us, I started asking around and surfing the web to compare the prices and there u go..there were more places that offer cheaper prices with the same brand and quality! huh..it's ok la lynn..saya budak baru belajar kannn...









>>Among the 'few stuff' that we got from Babies r us. The Medela breastpump and the Fisher Price Oceania crib/bedding set. the car seat accessories>> the jumper for winter baby and head hugger>> and also tiny-miny stuff like mittens, socks, hats, and washcloths which I can get double-less price if I go to Wal Mart!


The subsequent shopping events have taken place at the Bonnie Togs (where u can find branded baby's clothing with cheaper price e.g. Osh Kosh B'Gosh, Carters etc), Wal mart (where u can find babies' stuff, gadgets and accessories which offer lesser price than that of Babies r us, and they're the same brand, fyi). And we're also felt indebted to some friends for giving us some most needed baby's stuff (Manal and family for the crib,car seat, K.evi and k.janna for a wonderful advice and helps and gifts). May Allah bless them with wonderful children.

Crib from Manal&family. We have to buy the bedding set at our own since Manal offered pinky bedding set because she got 2 daughters :)


One thing that give us unique and different experience is when we're looking for baby's winter clothing and accessories as he'll be arriving during winter time. Of course, we couldn't refer much to our family or friends back home. So, I have to ask some friends here to know what should I get for winter baby. Memang best shopping baby's stuff esp kt negara sejuk nih cos the clothing is soooo chomel2. My hubby also had to control his desire to buy the whole store for our baby :)










>> 1st pic: baby's snowsuit and snow jacket from Gap and Osh kosh.>>2nd pic: baby's first Guess suit.>>3rd pic: Baby's first pair of jeans from osh kosh.>>4th pic: some of baby's sleepers. What I want to show here is that most of these clothing are made for cold weather , so if nk blik kampung (Malaysia), have to do another round of shopping trip! (helmi: oh no..money again :p)


Looking back at all baby's clothing that we have bought, one thing did across my mind (and my hubby's too). 'Kalau ade rezki dpt baby lg lepas nih (mudah2an dipanjangkan umur dimurahkan rezki, amin..), dah tentu tak dpt pakai da si abang punya baju2. Semua tebal2, mmg pengsan kalo pki kt M'sia!' :) tp xpelah..we have strong reason here and they're not wasteful expenditures. Ermmm..I guess thats it for now..Backache bila duduk lame2 ngadap laptop nih..need to stretch up jap.. InsyaAllah, will update the blog after the baby has born :) Sebab saya mmg malas nk update selalu :p


(p.s: I would like to request all readers to make prayers for me and my baby. May the delivery going well and at ease, and pray for the safely arrival of our baby.)


1 comment:

  1. This is really a good stuff, I would say that Image Recovery helpful Recover your lost digital images, audio, video and data files with MediaRECOVER software. This sounds good. I like it. Image Recovery

    ReplyDelete